Probate involves the transfer of the deceased’s assets to their heirs and named beneficiaries. The probate attorneys of Locke & Witte have the necessary experience and knowledge of the complex process of probate administration to achieve the goals of the deceased person and to satisfy the requirements of the probate court, and the state and federal government.
We can represent you in the following types of transfers:
- Probate – this is the process that transfers legal title of property from the estate of the person who has died
- Non-probate transfers – these include life insurance, annuities, qualified retirement plans, and trust assets of the deceased
Regarding assets of the deceased, a Fort Wayne Attorney at Locke and Witte assists the personal representative of the estate in:
- Preparation of tax returns
- Filing appropriate documents to release liens on the deceased’s real estate
- Handle any related litigation
For assistance with your Probate Law issues, Contact Locke & Witte today by calling 1-260-615-8631.